Saturday, October 9, 2010

Rule Follower.

I think as long as I can remember I pretty much follow the rules. Not because something bad will happen if I don't, but more because somebody thought of them and they probably figured out what was best, so why mess with it. I wait the 20 minutes to swim after I eat, I wear my seat belt at all times,  I put things back where I found them, so on. I love to bake rather than cook because it's exact measurements. A friend of mine gave me a recipe and it was more or less, just some of this and some of that, it drove me CRAZY. I had to write her back and tell her I need to know exactly what measurements she put in. One of my biggest pet peeves when driving is when everyone is stuck in traffic and some random guy thinks he has the right to drive a mile in the shoulder because he's getting off at the next exit ramp. I hate that. Makes me really want to open the passenger side door right when he gets to my car and WAM-O, but I don't....

So, having said that, it may surprise you that when I am sewing with a pattern, I don't, heaven forbid, iron my pattern sheets before I cut them out. I know, I know, I'm livin on the edge now. My grandma would be shaking her head in disbelief. But, I actually found myself doing it just last week as I am tackling my first ever princess costume. It's a bit daunting as when I spoke to the lady at the fabric store, and she seemed that she hated making them, so then that in turn, made me extra nervous. But, I am much impressed with my self on how quickly it is coming along and how little mistakes or frustrations have come up. I am about to rip out half a seem today. I gathered the skirt part last night (with dental floss) and sewed it onto the bodice. Things didn't line up exactly and I'm a little anal bit of a perfectionist. So, I am going to try it again today and see if it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment