Tuesday, January 4, 2011

We Don't Hurt People.

Those are the words I use with my kids. I figure it covers everything (no hitting, pushing, kicking, pinching, biting, scratching...have I missed any?).
So here's my dilemma...
When my almost 3 year old is yelling at her almost 6 year old brother to stop doing what ever he is doing to antagonize her, why am I okay when she throws a book at him? No, it's not okay to hurt, but when he brings it upon himself, and drives her to do it, I kinda sorta don't mind. A little part of me is thinking you deserved it. I tell them "we don't hurt people", but you also need to listen to her when she says to stop.
I enjoy saying one little word to him because he knows what it means. And I say it ever so straight forward, "Karma". I say it just like the gal says "Toe Pick " in The Cutting Edge.


No comments:

Post a Comment