Thursday, March 24, 2011

Snip, Snip Here...

So I got this dress as a hand me down from a friend a year ago and Reesey has worn it a couple times around Valentine's this year. It was a 2T so it was getting a little tight around the arms, especially since it's cold here and she has to have a shirt under the dress to keep her arms covered.

But it's just so darn cute, and little girls just love hearts (so I'm told), so I couldn't part with it quite yet. I got a red cotton shirt of Owen's that was getting too short in the arms and cut off the bottom 9 inches. I then measured Reese' waist and cut the red material so it will fit around her. Then I took the dress and cut it off just above the gathered part of the skirt. I doubled over the red material and sewed it onto the bottom of the dress. to make it into a skirt with a yoga band waist.







Did I mention that I had enough left over fabric for a headband?





1 comment:

  1. You are so clever. Where do you have time for all of this and birthday parties too!!

    ReplyDelete