Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's Done.

Well, Ana, after many winter months looking at your website and planning out exactly what I wanted, it's finally complete, my little girl has a "big kid bed"...Captain Lydia. I really wanted a captain's bed to get the dresser out of the room for more play space. Actually making that under bed structure seemed like there would be a lot of places for me to make a mistake with keeping things square. So, I searched on craigslist to find one that I just wanted for the basic frame. I found one for $75 in about a 45 minute drive.


The middle section of the unit had just a door with an opening, so I took that off and made two more drawers. I ripped the existing drawer fronts off and made my own with a sweet molding to make it a little feminine. I used that same molding to accent the head and foot boards which I used the Lydia Bed plans for, but raised up the height to accommodate for the under bed storage unit. I put on several coats of an antique white, and then my hubby put on 3 coast of poly for me (love him). I also built a shelf for behind her headboard for the lamp, radio, books, and whatnot.

Are you ready? This has been a labor of love and it's finally finished, and she loves it!



1 comment:

  1. This bed is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing, the moulding really makes this bed! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete