Friday, July 22, 2011

Hubba Hubba.

I know in the past when I've talked about my kids and their accomplishments that it makes my heart do a little pitter patter. Well, this post is about my heart doing that again, but not because of my children; it's because of my incredibly ambitious husband.

It started two and a half years ago when Mike lost his job. He started exercising. He said, and I quote: "I can't be bald, fat, AND unemployed" So, he controlled what he could at the moment. We never thought he was overweight at all, but now we look back at pictures of him when Owen was a baby, and he was a little "fluffy".


Fast forward to now (he's no longer unemployed or fat, but he's still bald) and he has decided that it would be challenging and fun to do a couple triathlons. He did a timed one inside this spring. It's where you get so much time in each event and then they see how far you got and add that up. He did pretty well and he seemed to enjoy it, so he started training a bit more to do 3 this summer. Last weekend was his first one. Luckily the weather at 7:30am was overcast and it stayed cool for him.


Owen kept asking if he was going to win. "No Owen, he's not racing, he's just doing it to see if he can achieve his goal." His goal was 1.5 hours. He was 10 minutes over, but that is probably due to the fact that the running leg was uphill half way and he had to walk a bit. We are so proud of you, Honey!


No comments:

Post a Comment