Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It Takes Two.

It takes two to do many things:
teeter-totter, cat's cradle, the tango, boxing, and in my eyes, parenting. Honestly, hats off to you single parents, I really don't know how you do it.

I feel I have found my perfect match in that Mike and I have different parenting skills which makes us mostly unstoppable. Tonight for example, Owen finally noticed the Star Wars Monopoly that has been sitting in the same position in the game cabinet for about 2 years.



He questioned Big Daddy about it and he agreed to play it with him. Mike has taught him pretty much every aspect of the game and explained everything for seriously, the last hour and a half. The patience Mike has to teach our kids astounds me every time he does it. I would have lost interest in this game about an hour ago and would've called it quits. I know this is so wonderful for both of them, without Mike's patience, Owen would have not mastered building 500 piece Lego sets by himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment