Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Daddy's Birthday

We had a busy day in preparation for Daddy's birthday yesterday. While kids were eating breakfast, I started to prepare the cupcakes. Got them baked and the filled with salted caramel.


Then we ran to our neighborhood Lowe's to get his present on the way to Owen's first day of Soccer Stars (a summer soccer camp). When we got home, we ate lunch and had a few minutes to play before quiet time. When Reese went down for nap, Owen got his apron on to be my helper.



Then I took out a rack of ribs, looked at it, wondering how big a rack is, because the recipe I was following needed a rack, but the picture looked to me like it required 2 racks. I do not care for ribs. Even more, I do not like touching them. For me to open the package, rinse them off (why rinse off meat?) pat them dry, put them on the foil and cover them with the ingredients is really hard for me to stomach. But, it is HIS birthday and he just LOVES ribs and I've never made them, I thought I'd give it a try. Into the oven for 2.5 hours, then rest for 1 hour, then reheat for 15 minutes. They were good, not sure if I'll ever think ribs are worth the all round effort in both prep and eating.


The kids waited for Daddy to return home excited for him to open his present and eat cupcakes (they didn't care about the dinner portion). We played with friends outside while we waited. Dinner was in the oven, gift was being opened and Owen got on his swim trunks because he had swim lessons at 6:15. Dinner was inhaled and Owen and Daddy were out the door. When they returned the kids sang happy birthday while drooling over a cupcake.




What did you do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment