Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Hair is Full of Sawdust.

I like to make stuff. A lot of stuff. Sometimes when I dabble with something new, Mike says "It's the crap craft of the week." I admit, I like to do lots of different things, I'm no expert at any one of them, but I think I do a pretty good job.

This week I'm currently making some shelving from the Land of Nod that I didn't want to pay the $400 for, so I visited Ana's site to get some plans. I don't knock out furniture as quickly as she does, but I think it's going pretty well so far considering I don't get more than an hour or two here and there. I'm customizing the size to fit just perfectly in Reese's room by her window and am now debating on the color. I would love to do a bold color that will match her big girl bedding (yes, I already have it). But I really think I'm going to do the distressed cream color for 2 very good reasons. One, I won't get tired of it as quickly and can match baskets and bins to liven things up. Two, when you do a distressed (antiqued) look it hides imperfections. Now, I don't want to go and say this shelf will have imperfections, but let's just say it isn't going to be perfect, but you'll never know.

I just got done using my neighbor's router (bless his heart that he trusts me enough with his tools), and I've finished sanding. I will try and sneak in the garage at some point tomorrow to put a primer coat on and hopefully by the end of this weekend, I'll have it in Peanut Pie's room. I'll post pictures when I finish the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment