Saturday, July 10, 2010

Too Fast.

Where did a week go? Last weekend I had such plans. I so badly wanted to get Reese's shelf done, but it didn't happen. When I set out to make the little watermelon cookies, I didn't think it would take so long. I had to mix the dough, then refrigerate it, roll, cut and then place all those little chocolate chips just right. When they came out of the oven, even when they cooled a bit, the chips were too melty to be able to hang onto to dip into the icing and sugar. I think if I make these again, I'd use brown or black perils instead. In my opinion the cookies were more cute than delicious. Don't get me wrong, they tasted fine, but in the future I'd use my trusted roll out cookie recipe that actually tastes delicious.
It has also been extremely humid the past couple weeks, and being in the painting stage of the shelf, it hasn't been the best time to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment