Friday, November 19, 2010

Testing.

Well, I've started to try and find a new cut-out cookie recipe. I am pretty specific for what I am looking for. The two most important things to me for a great cut-out cookie are that when they bake, they don't puff or loose their shape and that they taste good. There, not too hard you'd think. Now I know you're thinking, I have a good recipe for cut-outs, and I'm sure you do and I'm sure it's lovely, but I gotta tell you, I'm looking for something that's gonna knock my socks off. I've tried a lot of friends' recipes and they've been good, but just not what I'm looking for. I've made some that have tasted like Shortbread, which are tastey, but not the flavor that I'm looking for. So, here is my first test.




They ended up orange because I hadn't used my orange colored sugars for Halloween, and the stars were small and easy. I got the recipe from Big Fat Cookies, which I think I've mentioned before. These cookies are supposed to be a blueberry jam sandwich cookie, but I just didn't follow up on the last steps. This cookie is good tasting, it was like a cross between a shortbread and a Russian Tea cookie. I wanted to try and add another element, so in a regular powered sugar/milk glaze, I added lemon extract instead of the vanilla. Personally it was nice, but a little artificial tasting to me. Maybe next time I'll actually use lemon zest. I'd make them again, but I don't know if this is THE recipe I'm in search of.

No comments:

Post a Comment